Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to dart frogs trying to get my tank up to par but still do not know what type of dart to put in it. i like the leucs and citronella but need to know weather their nocturnal or not and if they call excessively (my 17 year old step brother is a whiner and so the frogs cant be to loud at night but can call till their throats turn purple during the day)

which frogs out of the two listed above are the best for breeding?

and also does anyone know of a good breeder that will ship to canada?

thanks, bayley

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks shawn i think i am going to go with leucs i like them better
but i also wanted to know what type of plants they might like

bayley

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I think you need to find out what was wrong with your setup that did not allow the philodendron to thrive. Philodendron/Pothos are some of the easiest to grow plants that we put in our vivs. Perhaps you did not have an appropriate lighting system or substrate? You need to figure that out first because other plants are not going to be any easier.

Reactions: jbherpin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tahnsk doug what substrate do you recommend i use coco fiber.
did the philodendrien not thrive becuase i just used clippings/
i still have the philodendren but the leaves are looking a little white do you think i should plant the hole thing in the eco earth still or get a new one

thanks bayley

·
Super Moderator
3,349 Posts
Coco fiber is ok,alot of guys use abg mix.Are you using clippings with nodules on them or just the leaves?The nodules will root into the substrate.If you just put them in recently they may wilt a little and bounce back.If you have a whole plant use a decent size cutting .Once the plant takes off you will be trimming it back often.

Lou

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi i use a uv light ment for bearded dragons and a infa red light
am i using the wrong kind or is something wrong
i just planted the philo clipping in water untile they rooted then i planted them write in the coco fiber

bayley

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i am going to get some supplies today so can youlet me know if im using the wrong lighting or whats wrong so i know what to get

thanks bayley

1 - 20 of 45 Posts