Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m working on a project currently that I will share my findings with y’all come the end of it. I don’t want to tell anyone anything just yet but I have a couple of questions. So what do y’all look for in supplements? What’s most important in the ingredients and nutrients to y’all? Also are their any good articles or sites I could look over that talk about dart frog supplementation. Thanks in advance y’all!

·
Registered
726 Posts
So I’m working on a project currently that I will share my findings with y’all come the end of it. I don’t want to tell anyone anything just yet but I have a couple of questions. So what do y’all look for in supplements? What’s most important in the ingredients and nutrients to y’all? Also are their any good articles or sites I could look over that talk about dart frog supplementation. Thanks in advance y’all!
I include carotenoids in fruit fly media due to this study. From my perspective its easy to consider supplements because there are only 3 in active use in the united states. Dendrocare, Repashy, and Ranarium. There are a few others available but those are the ones I've heard good things about.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi!
The truth is that I do not worry too much about the exact ingredients or percentages of certain ingredients that the supplement may contain.
The only thing I know for sure is that the supplements I use work perfectly over the years:
Every meal: Repashy Calcium Plus.
Once a month (two in reproduction): Repashy Vitamin A.

I think some people also use Repashy SuperPig (once a month) to enhance the colors of the frogs.

For me, it is the winning combination!

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
So what do y’all look for in supplements?
Personally, I look for a supplement manufactured by a company with a history of pursuing quality, research based products. I look for ingredients that are offered in the proper ratios for uptake, and are included in the form that is usable by frogs as shown by research (which isn't always conclusive; that fact plays a role in the formulation of the best supplements). I look for a supplement that doesn't contain any trendy ingredients of questionable value.

·
Registered
Boca del Dragos, Cristobals, El Dorados, BJ's, Leucs, Banded Leucs, Azureus, Citronella, Pats..
6 Posts
Every meal: Repashy Calcium Plus.
Once a month: Repashy Vitamin A,
Twice a month: Repashy SuperVite & Repashy SuperPig
Sometimes I alternate Repashy Calcium Plus for TincMans Calcium with D.
Was also alternating with DendroCare, but after loosing 2 frogs after a feeding and hearing similar stories stopped using 11/20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts