Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Banned
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alex,
I am starting this post to give you the oppurtunity to show us your operation. Not close up pictures of tads and froglets, your operation. Just like others show their frog room.

This is a chance to show you are legit in a civil manner.

Let's keep the comments friendly so Kyle doesn't delete the thread.

So here is your chance Alex...........

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Id love to see it. The rest of their operation looks very professional. Nice web site, the pics of their booth at the most recent show looked great, and I know theres a few other good froggers from So-Cal affiliated with that company. Id hate for them to get a bad rap from the involvement of just one person, however dubious his rep.

Just because they know how to use social media to their advantage means little to me. Shit, you can pay FB to promote your posts. Might as well take full advantage

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not sure what you guys are talking about with their rep.or whatever. Did a google search for them on the boards and the 17 page thread on then seems to be blocked...

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Not sure what you guys are talking about with their rep.or whatever. Did a google search for them on the boards and the 17 page thread on then seems to be blocked...

maybe, just maybe..there is a really...really good reason...hmmmm.....let's just think about it....hmmmm

·
Banned
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What gives Alex? You have been on DB for an hour. Here is your chance to show everyone you are reputable breeders and not flipping.
It benefits you to show your operation. It says your current activity is private messaging. Asking Kyle to remove post? Why not show everyone your operation?

·
Registered
71 Posts
What gives Alex? You have been on DB for an hour. Here is your chance to show everyone you are reputable breeders and not flipping.
It benefits you to show your operation. It says your current activity is private messaging. Asking Kyle to remove post? Why not show everyone your operation?
Good Day Scott

I will be sure to post images tomorrow morning. All the lights are out right now :) The Darts are sleeping.

PS. I often forget to log out of DB. Please excuses any late responses.

- Alex

·
Super Moderator
5,037 Posts
Id hate for them to get a bad rap from the involvement of just one person, however dubious his rep.
I'd think that this one person would be enough to give anyone a bad rap given his past... If the other people were "good froggers" they would have understood the gravity of their decision when they were making it. If they did, and went forward anyway... well, then they deserve the flak they are getting for it.

·
Banned
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What dead horse are we beating?????

I said let's keep it civil. Maybe they are legit, maybe not. They have stated Taron is just an employee.

If they have a breeding facility, I would like to see it. It is not a witchhunt.

·
Registered
835 Posts
There is a thread on them every week and it either gets deleted or locked. I don't see you calling out any of the other breeders on here to show their operation. And to call them out saying you know they are online why are they not answering I don't see how that is being civil.

I have no affiliation with DFC but since I am in so Cali. I must be in cahoots with them some how or that's how it's perceived on here.

·
Banned
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually, I HAVE SEEN pictures of the frog room of every breeder I have always bought from. And yes, I called him out. Alex refuses to answer questions making it worse.

Go ahead and climb down off your high horse. I don't give a shit where you live and I never said you were in cahoots with anyone. And I never read where anyone else did either.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is a thread on them every week and it either gets deleted or locked.
This is why people on the boards are so frustrated. There are some very controversial matters revolving around the company. The fact that they are getting locked only makes people want to know more.

I don't see you calling out any of the other breeders on here to show their operation. And to call them out saying you know they are online why are they not answering I don't see how that is being civil.
Many of the small breeders volunteer pics of their places out of excitement. Larger breeders with very solid reputations have no need to show their facilities. Their quality frogs and supplies speak for themselves. In the short time DFC has been around, there have been some "not so positive" reports. The past reputation of the breeders involved makes them very open to scrutiny. DFC knew that bringing on breeders like that would stir up quite a ruckus, and quite frankly should have been prepared for it. The economy is not always fair.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Maybe you guys need to think of this more from a bussiness perspective. Regardless of Tarons past (and most of us know about much of it), he does have significant experience. Whoever is behind DFC obviously has significantly deep pockets. You would think they would put a significant amount of research into someone before going into bussiness with them. Maybe they didnt? However, once they hitched their wagon to that horse......their kind of along for the ride. People who have significant experience with darts, especially from larger scale, for profit operations, are not exactly dime-a-dozen. I've seen pictures of some of their early set-up and breeding operation. It exists. Alex may not exist as some of you suspect, but it certainly is not a one man operation. Anyone who has managed a large collection knows it can be extremelly time consuming. I've had upwards of 130 tadpoles in various stages at one point, and that was taking me over 2 hours just to feed and change water. And that was just 6-7 different species. I had asked DFC to post pictures of their breeding operation as far back as 3-4 months ago. My own opinion is, their logn list of professionals they claim are on their time, ar simply people they have "consulted with", not employees at all.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Scott brought up some questions about their husbandry concerning Chytrid in another thread, and DFC answered back about the seriousness of Chytrid and etc..etc...
But... they didn't actually address much of what they do, if anything to avoid it in their collection...and given some past health concerns over frogs in one of their employees care, I'd very much like to know about all that.

·
Super Moderator
5,037 Posts
As a (realitively) new member, sometimes it's hard to distinguish this site between a place I come for experience and knowledge or 90210 drama.

With that being said, there seems to be a continuous effort in throwing people under the bus. And honestly, who cares. It boils down to knowing your breeder or where you're getting the frogs from. Do your research and stay clear from the sketchy people. Really, it's simple as that.
while I generally agree with this statement... The problem is that new people to the hobby don't quite understand all the important things they should look into before making a purchase. How often do we see posts around here like "hey I just got 5 azureus at a reptile show I have them in a 10 gallon with a screen top and a heat lamp, what should I feed them?" ... I may be exaggerating a bit there but you get the point. If they didn't do the appropriate research into husbandry, you can bet it was an impulse buy and they didn't do the appropriate research into their seller either.

Couple that with the fact that they are doing a very good job putting up a clean "front" with their website and facebook page... and it would be easy for someone to think "This is a good operation" without truly understanding who they are buying from and the dubious history associated with them.

That is why a lot of people that know the past are making sure it stays on topic... because they have been told of "change" many times before and it never happened.

We recently had a situation over here on the east coast where someone was basically preying on newbies that didn't have the appropriate experience to understand they were getting lied to. It sucked. It blew up. People spent good money and got sick , underage and/or unproven frogs that were sold as healthy, fully grown and/or proven.

We don't want it to happen again. It's not about "causing drama", its about protecting the hobby and the new people trying to join it by keeping them informed because a lot of times they don't know what to look for.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.