Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on making a new viv, and thought it would be cool to use really dark broms instead of the bright colored ones.

So, I would like to know if there are any dark broms easily available in the hobby? Maybe even black ones, if they exist.

Or maybe even some eerie looking ones!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Great place to look would be tropiflora, I have bought darker green/blackish broms from them however most broms tend to brighten up when exposed to good lighting so yeah thats something you might have to think about..

·
Registered
635 Posts
mariposa/ red waifs can get really dark under really bright light - they almost go black red and is an easy one to find

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Check out Tropiflora's website and select small/mini from the bromeliad menu on the shop online page. I don't know if they have any dark ones right now, but at least you can browse through pictures.

My favorite dark neo is N. "Purple Stoly". I have only seen it offered on the RainforestFlora.com website although their pic doesn't show the dark color than mine get.Miniature Neoregilias

Here is mine (the one in front with the pup)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.
I've looked through Tropiflora's website, but couldn't really find what I was looking for. Maybe I'll just go for dark purple instead, seems to be somehwat easier to find :cool:

·
Registered
235 Posts
********! Although it is painfully slow growing.
Can you find tarbabys? I accidently ordered some from australia and appearantly there is shipping issues getting them to ohio lol. The vendor kindly returned my money too lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts