1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I'm not sure I would consider that to be particularly daring or artistic, not to mention that it is a terrible comparison for human cross-racial relationships.

·
Registered
995 Posts
that is F#%$ing ridiculus...not the whole hybrid thing, but the fact that she/he didn't draw or photoshop it instead...a picture is a picture...real or fake...

I hate to be the one that says it...but, it does look kinda cool...

·
Banned
4,938 Posts
though I think it's a shit piece of art. For the actual project to have any merit, I would assume actually creating the hybrid would be integral to the ideas behind the work

·
Registered
454 Posts
thats all "art" ever is.....it has a few fundamental concepts/"scientific" ideas but as a whole its just made up junk

very little merit..

·
Registered
454 Posts
you must have never experienced a truly impressive piece of art
you are correct, I have not. I have tried, don't get me wrong; but I have yet to find anything considered art that I could give much respect to. The only aspects to art that I find worthwhile are all the "scientific" non-creative aspects (aesthetically pleasing concepts).

Don't get me wrong, it takes extreme amounts of skill to do some of the things these people do. But it also takes extreme amounts of skill to beat some video games or to balance a chair on your head, but there is nothing artistic about that.

But art..... no matter how hard I try, I just can't find anything to appreciate.

thats just a personal rant though :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Even some great VIV's could be considered 'ART".
But try to get the world to say the same thing would be near impossible.

I do not like ART because i could smack a paint bucket at a wall, stick a sign next to it and name it "Chaos".
Make up some story about the inspiration and sell it...
And then people will go like: I can really see how that someone expressed himself by throwing paint at that wall!!! oeeee aaaaah!

As for 'art experts" who have studied art half of their life to give an opinion on something that maybe wasn't even meant to be art...

there are beautiful drawings of animals in Biology books.. nobody 'd say THAT is art..
Some painting of a dull pond wit some ducks and a cat taking a dump in the back ground IS called art because some bored high educated 'expert" says so.. because the name of some 'famous" painter is written in the down right corner?

pff art.

O wait, this has nothing to do with some dumb ass student who took some frogs and... MEH.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What I appreciate about "art" is usually the skill and technique it took to create them, and the aesthetic sense it took to make them look nice, especially if it is a functional piece of artwork, like a jewelry box. I'm a woodworker, and I don't call my work "art", but I do try to make them look attractive as well as being well constructed. I certainly wouldn't call breeding two frogs together "art", unless maybe he specifically chose the frogs and bred over many generations to purposely achieve a particular unique look (of course I wouldn't approve of such experiments, but it would be more interesting then recklessly crossing random frogs for no reason).

Anyways,

Maybe if he just put a tiny hat on the frog...?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a picture in my room of a windmill on an asteroid in space shooting a beam out of a crystal into other crystals, I can stare into it for hours, wondering why they do it, what it does, where does it go (the beams don't end, but eventually come back) Something you can delve into and have to think upon it is what I define as art.

I need to go back on deviantArt. There's some great artists on there.

As for the frog: Doh!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Someone posted about this a while back. I would expect that the vivarium the frogs parents were in was more artistic than the frog produced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts