Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been looking but can't find the dimensions of the pieces of glass Dane uses at Junglebox for ten gallon conversion kits. So here's my question. What are the dimensions on the bottom piece of glass and the top opening piece for a ten gallon vertical conversion kit? The ones I have are already installed so I can't really take any measurements of them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
it depends on if your using an aga tank or not. although tanks are said to be "standard" sizes, the with of the tank varies between brands.

james

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not trying to sound harsh but wouldn't a little measuring and math do it for you?
For example measure the tank, decide how high for the bottom, how much for the vent (top) part and the rest is your door.
Your width should be the same all the way.
Then you can decide what you want and just use the existing kits for reference. Unless your tryin to copy Dane's kit exactly ... Which probably won't be appreciated much.

Just my Wooden nickels worth.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not trying to sound harsh but wouldn't a little measuring and math do it for you?
For example measure the tank, decide how high for the bottom, how much for the vent (top) part and the rest is your door.
Your width should be the same all the way.
Then you can decide what you want and just use the existing kits for reference. Unless your tryin to copy Dane's kit exactly ... Which probably won't be appreciated much.

Just my Wooden nickels worth.
I broke the glass from one of his kits by accident and I need to know the dimensions to match another tank that sits right next to it. I'd like the tanks to all match up. I don't have any spare kits to measure, they are all installed. It'd be kind of tough to try and get the measurements for both pieces of glass that I need. I am trying to copy the dimensions of glass so they will fit Dane's kit. I don't know if your post was meant to be helpful, but it wasn't. I PMed Dane and am awaiting his response, if anyone has the dimensions please PM me with them.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes it was meant to help.
Sorry it didn't.
Hope you get the answers you need. If I had one of his kits I'd measure it for you but I don't.
The OP sounded like you were trying to make your own kit not repair one.
As I said I meant nothing ugly by it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts