Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i currently have 1 male D.Vent and 2 female D.Vents all in a 40cm X 40cm X 40cm cube.

now im wanting these guys to breed and they are all fully grown now at about 9 months old.

i cant hear any calling but apparently the calls of the males are very quiet. the male seems the most active of all the frogs constantly bobbing about and looking interested in well everything. the females just spend most the time in the brom! while he is up the top of the viv lookign down on everything!

is there any way i can get these guys to breed for me?

cheers

Jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Suction cup a few film canisters at and angle like this \\, and fill them up with water. Then spray the hell out of your tank. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
if you male turns out to be anything like mine you will hear him....my male is very vocal has been for the past 2 months but no eggs as of yet unless they have laid in the brom and i cannot see the eggs...only time will tell on that one.. good luck to you

·
Super Moderator
3,647 Posts
Are you certain that it is a male? My male and female are similar in body shape unless the female is gravid, then the difference is noticeable. Their call is quiet, but you should be able to hear it if you are in the room. One way to possibly induce calling is to play a recording of a male vent (do a search, there was a thread recently) and see if it illicits a response. I know that the males can call much younger than 9 months, I got my first eggs at 6 months, just be patient, and if all else fails try to possibly purchase or trade one of your females for a confirmed male.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts