Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have raised these 3 Tincs since tads. They have always been best of friends, never aggression. Now they are sleeping apart, 1 is thinning and seems depressed. It bothers me, BC this was a frog I really wanted to keep(1st to morph-1st dart period). I do not want 2 Tinc tanks. I think if I remove him to make him more comfortable, he will not be accepted back with the others once he is "full" again. This leaves me with 2 options, trade him, or give him away. Am I wrong? All my thanks!

JBear

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
At the very least it sound like the stressed one needs to be removed from the other frogs. If you are absolutely against having two cobalt tanks then you covered two of your three options. The third option you didn't mention is to sell it. It is always difficult to get rid of frogs you have kept, especially ones you have kept and raised from tads\froglets. Tough decision to make.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That definitely sounds like aggression. I would separate, even if it means into a QT container until you find it a home. I would not try to reintroduce this frog back with the pair.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Jbear,

Unfortunately, by the time someone notices that one of the tinctorius in a tank is stressed, it is often too late to save the frog. The best you can do is set-up a small viv for the stressed frog, give it some regular misting and food, and hope for the best. If the frogs recovers well, then you could try finding a new home for him/her.

Good luck, Richard.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I agree with the above.

Would it be possible to put all three in a larger tank (30G-40G) once the frog has recovered? That way you wouldn't be stuck with a "2 tinc tank".

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just had the exact same thing happen with 3 azureus. two of them had out paced the third in growth. Funny, bc the thirds name was racer bc of a straight line of dots down it's back. Any way, yeah... take it out. Then go from there. Make sure you have a good heathly viv that she'll feel safe in and can fatten up before you give/sell her. I waited and saw one of the other two stomping racer during feeding and when I looked closer I saw he/she has a shoulder impairment where the humorus is constantly against the body and it seems that it can't be reached forward. I assume this is from aggression. He/she's doing great now in a ten gallon alone.

Edit:
From experience in other simular cases. Do NOT put them back together. No matter how big the tank is they all will be together during feeding and mating and that's when the aggression is the worse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts