Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own two different tincs. One is an azureus and the other is a patricia.

The azureus is about the size of a quarter, maybe a little larger, and the patricia is a bit larger than a quarter. The azureus is 5 months oow and the patricia is roughly 6 months oow (if i recall correctly).

I was wondering if these are normal sizes for their age? What do your azureus and patricias of similar ages look like?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Larger than a quarter would be right for the azureus. but they definitely grow at different rates...i have to separate some from the grow out tanks because they start dwarfing the others. As soon as I get a chance Ill post my 5 mo pics.

tommy

·
Registered
981 Posts
1st day oow

4 months oow

5 months oow (which is today, oddly enough!)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah my azureus is a bit smaller than yours, but then again I guess they can develop at different rates.

I just freak myself out sometimes

·
Registered
981 Posts
They do grow differently, I've noticed that the smaller the group, the larger the frog...but at times one can still be kinda small, while another is a beast. I feed mine 20-30 dusted melanos every other day. It seemed like, once I started feeding a bit larger count (as opposed to the 10-15 I used to do), the growth rate improved drastically.

Worrying and freaking out just means you care! good luck!

tommy

·
Registered
543 Posts
By about that time with my azureus, one was already noticeably larger than the other, and even now there is a size difference, but this is due to one being a male and the other a female. Perhaps the smaller azureus is a male and the patricia is a female? The female I have is a beast, but she's still not as large as some azureus I have seen, but I don't think she's fully grown yet either.

Zac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts