Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just curious on the tinctorius locallity morph called Dasha. Is it called another name? Is it a real locallity? How common are they? I got some legal WC specimens from a reliable source and was wondering why I have never seen them in the US community.
Thanks Tom

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
There are two newly named morphs. Dutch Rana I believe collected them because if you look at their Suriname trip photos the same photo is being used in the for sale section. They seem to be Cobalts from different populations. Theoretically you might actually get locality data with these.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Ok I will spill the beans. Bushmaster has them on KS, when I inquired about what they look like I was told Go look on Google, I wish I could tell my customers like that. After I found them I discovered to me, they look Cobalts to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am good friends with Kamuran at Bushmaster Reptiles and I got these from him. He does not bring in a lot of dart frogs and is not up on locallities nor does he claim to. If it was a reptile he could probably tell you the exact locallity with the GPS points from just looking at it. These came from a farm in Suriname and the locallity names were givin to him from the exporter. Kamuran said that he gives the names that were given to him and does not question them. The exporter did say he has never shipped Dasha to the Untited States only to europe. The Natasha looked alot like cobalts but these were a little different and I agree that they are not the most spectacular tinc.

Anyway, thanks for the input and here is is pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I am good friends with Kamuran at Bushmaster Reptiles and I got these from him. He does not bring in a lot of dart frogs and is not up on locallities nor does he claim to. If it was a reptile he could probably tell you the exact locallity with the GPS points from just looking at it. These came from a farm in Suriname and the locallity names were givin to him from the exporter. Kamuran said that he gives the names that were given to him and does not question them. The exporter did say he has never shipped Dasha to the Untited States only to europe. The Natasha looked alot like cobalts but these were a little different and I agree that they are not the most spectacular tinc.

Anyway, thanks for the input and here is is pic.
If they came from a ''farm'' Id be interested in how accurate the GPS cooridinates would be anyways on those frogs. Its not like they only have on group at a time sitting around for export.

Michael

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Just another bunch of stupid meaningless names that mean nothing. Why not "Matilda", or "Sally", or "Bruce". The acceptance of the frogging community of these bs names only adds to the confusion about this (otherwise) wonderful frog.

Just my opinion, Richard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.