Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else noticed preferences in the spots the different pumilio morphs choose for egg laying ? All my Bastimentos hide the eggs in "leaf sandwiches" or funnels made by newly opening calathea leaves while all my "Almirante" lay right out in the open usually on the tip of a bromiliad leaf. Let me know if any of you have experienced the same thing.
Thanks
Johnny
This Island Earth Herpetoculture

G

·
My youngest pair of green pumilios(Shepherds) lay on the tip of brom leaves but my pair that consists of a young male and older female lahid them somewhere.
Mark

G

·
im getting some Pumilos imported from the states soon, so im very interested to hear about any preferences on where they are laying.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Of the 5 or so morphs I keep, most of them stick to laying clutches near the tips of bromeliad leaves. Usually the spot on the leaf that is (or close to being) horizontal to the ground. Most of the "favorite" spots include ones that are 6 inches to 1 foot off the terrarium floor. I haven't noticed a difference in whether the frogs prefer to lay in well-lit areas as compared to shaded ones, but it seems that they don't shy away from laying in the more open areas of the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts