Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you long termers...

Could someone tell me what the main imitator blood lines are and what they look like? Also, how long have people been keeping them and when did they stop being imported? Just trying to do a little background research so i'm not in the dark anymore.

Thanks in advance,

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The original ones I remember from as far back as I can think were called the Sens line. They were generally green bodied, occassionally yellow headed, and had green/blueish legs. These are still the main ones represented when you hear D. imitator. I can't remember when Alex got rid of his, but the name has stuck. There was a 'Monk' line that was brought in a few years back which supposedly was more metallic looking-- like a D. variabilis.
j

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think Alex got his D. imatator from me and I got mine from Charles Nishihara back in the mid- to late-70's. Where Charles got his I really don't remember. They are beautiful little frogs.

Best,

Chuck

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the ones I bought from Patrick he told me his were from a WC male and a Todd Kelly female or visa versa.He told me he had them since 1996.This line has the bluish gray legs.They are also one of my favorites,well, I think all mine are,LOL.
Mark W.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts