Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bred six D. Azureus froglets and they are doing well. Five of the froglets are the usual blue and black, but the other one has blue feet and legs, and the body instead of being blue and black is black and yellow with the same pattern.
Their parents are both blue and black.
Will it eventually change color to blue and black or is it an albino or something similiar.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have enclosed a photo of the froglet, hope it works?
Wow. I have never seen that color in an Azureus before. Do you keep any other Tincs that are breeding and possibly mixed it up with other offspring from anotehr morph? I am just thinking of all the possibilities. That frog definitely doesn't look like an Azureus. But it could just be one of those freak things. It looks pretty nonetheless.

·
Banned
851 Posts
As it gets older the blue will start to show. This is common in azureus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have only one proven pair of D. Azureus, I don't have any more only a pair of D.Imitator and they are in a seperate tank and they have not bred.

·
Registered
620 Posts
As it gets older the blue will start to show. This is common in azureus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Really? I know I don't have a lot of experience raising froglets up, but I thought they came out looking pretty similar in color to an adult. Maybe it just varies from Azureus to Azureus.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I've seen it too, when I did Azureus years ago. At first I thought I somehow mixed it up with a sip tad.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have only one proven pair of D. Azureus, I don't have any more only a pair of D.Imitator and they are in a seperate tank and they have not bred.
Well then I would imagine like Reptiletcetera said that it would color up eventually. Too bad they don't stay like that. Azureus are still my favorite frog but your froglet would look cool as an adult. It reminds me of a Green Sip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your help, I am a little dissapointed to find out it will probably turn blue, I will keep my eye on it and see.
Once again thanks so much.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Before morphing completely out of water the tads/frogs are usually light blue(while still getting its pigments). I've never seen it to that extreme though ,interesting.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I have produced a huge amount of Azureus over many years and have never seen this. It even has wristbands, I personaly don't think that this could be pure Azureus, I have never even heard of this before, just my opinion, Bill

·
Banned
777 Posts
I have produced a huge amount of Azureus over many years and have never seen this. It even has wristbands, I personaly don't think that this could be pure Azureus, I have never even heard of this before, just my opinion, Bill
I am with Bill on this one. I have produced a huge amount of Azureus also and have never seen this.
What is the background information you have on the parents? Where did you purchase them? Line?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts