Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I type too slow, because the thread was locked while I was typing.

It's too bad that this thread degenerated into individual face-offs. The original question was well thought out and legitimate.

The original question was about an existing vivarium, housing Stump Tail Chameleons and whether or not to add adult or juvenile azureus. In my opinion you could successfully house these two species. My reply did not take into account whether or not I believed this individual or some of the other individuals that were posting were capable of doing this. And if you believe that the mix was a bad idea, then by all means voice your opinion. But it would be nice if we could focus on the how's and why's or why not's related to the specific question, instead of the individual attacks.

There are always going to be disagreements on husbandry and ethics, but if we were always in agreement, then there would be no use for this forum. If we were all in agreement on any of the issues posted and all cared for the animals using the exact same methods, then the hobby would not evolve. That's the purpose of this forum to gather and share information.

When I read through a thread, I usually only post if I think I have something to add, rarely do I follow up on posts unless asked a specific question. I will, also, post a reply to the specific question and try not to be influenced by my impression of the person posting the question.

G

·
I ended up separating the species, so no more need for the controversy. Some of the things Schism said though really pissed me off. He commented that I had no regard for my animals. If that was true I would have never asked for advice, or ended up separating the animals. He also made a comment about idiots buying sulcatta tortoises to see how large they get. My parents own a huge house with a huge yard in Southern California. My mom is very experienced with all kinds of animals and wanted a large tortoise. I bought her a sulcatta and we have raised it healthy for years from a hatchling. It has a smooth shell, a varied diet, and a great stable PERMANENT home. It has a very large yard to roam in. He made several personal attacks towards me and blatantly violated forum rules without any consequences.

G

·
Ya right abought that! I fell the same way. Good luck everyone with their chameleons, tortoises, dendrobates, and anything els. Remenber, get them something for Christmas... or not. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts