Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Sorry in advance for my bad english...

In the past, i had a black auratus pair.

Curiously all foglets of this pair were green and black or green and dark brown, like that

I had looked for the information on this morphe, and I had believed to understand that it was in fact about a form ( melanistic ? ) of campana or Kaluah, but without certainty.

Today, i bring a new black auratus pair, and the same questions are coming back!
In more, with a lot of lighting, in "transparency" under the black, I seem to see the motives for some auratus san felix or zona canal, but without the green (very dark brown in place of green)

What do you think about that? Have you some informations on this auratus black? Separate morph? or just some frogs in the campana population? or in other population?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I would say they were collected somewhere within the Campana region. I doubt they are the actual black form found at La Chorrera. The second frog looks very similar to frogs collected around Capira in the Campana area. If you scroll halfway down p. 2 in the thread that Bryan linked to above, the photos I posted are of wild-caught frogs that all came in the same import.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are 3 types - Melanistic Blue/Black, Melanisitic Green/black, and Melanistic Ancon hill/Six Point Auratus.....

In the right light you can tell which is which - I had a group of the Melanistic Blue/Blacks but they never did well.....The Melanistic Ancon Hill animals are just about Jet Black, since they don't have alot of pattern to begin with.......

Only a handful, if that, show up with the other Auratus........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.