Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
D. auratus "Costa Rican green & black"

These frogs have been with me for well over a year. I built their original vivarium prior to discovering dendroboard (stock exo-terra "rock" BG, 100% coco fiber non-draining substrate, and Home Depot supplied the plants), well I have learned alot since then and recently decided to give them the upgrade they deserved. Let me know what you think!

I believe they are all females...any thoughts on that are much appreciated, and if you happen to agree with me and have an extra male in need of some lady friends, let me know :D

Frog 1:
Amphibian Frog Terrestrial animal Poison dart frog Organism

Frog Amphibian Poison dart frog Terrestrial animal Organism

Frog 2:
Poison dart frog Frog Amphibian Terrestrial animal Organism

Frog Amphibian Terrestrial animal Organism Toad

Frog 3:
Amphibian Adaptation Organism Plant Reptile

Amphibian Frog Poison dart frog Organism Adaptation

FTS:
Aquarium decor Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Plant Nepenthes

Waterfall:
Amphibian Organism Adaptation Plant

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice tank ! I like all the different element's that are incorporated.Dig the stair step waterfall.Did you create the slope with just foam or does it have structure underneath of some kind?
Thanks, it is tough to see in the photos, but under the tier with all the crypts is a "cave" filled with leaf litter and a coco hut. I did this to both give the frogs a place to escape the light and also hide the hut (I hate the way they look).

The waterfall was made by emptying an entire can of GS and letting it cure for a day so. I then carved it to get the correct slope and overhang on the bottom. Next I cut slits into the foam where I planned to put the pieces of slate. I then covered it all with brown silicone, inserted the slate, and covered the silicone with coco fiber.

The auratus love hanging out on the wet slate.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that is a gorgeous tank. I love the use of space and plants. What are you using to pump the water?
Thanks. The pump was from a exo-terra waterfall kit (If I ever do another waterfall, I will opt for a different pump). It has been working fine but it is a fairly large pump, which of course requires a bit higher of a false bottom and water level.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts