Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received some cuttings today and am almost ready to add them to the tank...how can I store them until I'm ready to plant them?

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
What cuttings are they of?

I've had success with just putting cuttings in plastic cups with a bit of water so that they wouldn't dehydrate. In fact, in some cases I've just left them in the cup until they've developed roots and I felt confident putting them in the viv.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If they are in a plastic bag, just put in a moist piece of paper towel in with them and put them near your viv. They will keep a long time that way. Some people even use the plastic bag method to start their cuttings instead of planting them immediately.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! They are in plastic bags. I'll put some paper towel in with them...should I wrap them in the paper twoel or just put it in the bag with them?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Should I just put a moist paper towel in the bag or do I need to wrap them?
No need to wrap them.

You can also put them in deli cups (fruit fly/frog cups) with moist sphagnum on the bottom. You don't need to put holes in the top, but a few pin holes won't hurt. The height of the cup should match the height of the cutting.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Use a translucent tupperware, I use the 12x20x12 approximate sized ones. Put a layer of sphagnum, moisten, put a light over or place in a location that receives light from vivs, window, etc. I have had great success. I also use my froglet 10 gallons as grow out vivs....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts