Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of SNDF 2011 Cristos in a 18x18x24 exo that seem to have settled in nicely. I got them about 5 months ago and have spotted 4 froglets that are putting on some really good weight. Two of the froglets have been out and about for a month or so, and two have just recently started to venture from the broms. My pair is rather drab compared to these froglets, so I am hoping they keep their vibrant colors! I am pretty stoked they have bred for me considering I still have not really planted their tank.. It's looking pretty sparse in there but I have vowed to work on that this week.. I also found a new clutch of eggs yesterday and they are in a great spot for photos, so Ill try and get pics as they develop. Anyway here are a few shots.. enjoy

Dad

Mom

FTS- excuse the planting job...

Yesterday

Today

·
Registered
114 Posts
the tank looks good, it'll look even better with some work.

I got some of the 2010 cristo's that took about 9 months to start laying clutchs of eggs. i have now have three healthy froglets (2 oow for about month, 1 just now moving from brom) and i spotted some tadpoles being transported by mom last week. They can be sneaky with the eggs!

my adults are much more orange compared to the offspring as well, really is more of strawberry color for the little ones!

keep up the good work, maybe we could trade some F1's soon:D

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Nice! Cristobals seem to breed well for me too. I really like the color on your female, kind of yellow!

Tank looks good to me, just needs some vines and maybe another brom or 2.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the tank looks good, it'll look even better with some work.

I got some of the 2010 cristo's that took about 9 months to start laying clutchs of eggs. i have now have three healthy froglets (2 oow for about month, 1 just now moving from brom) and i spotted some tadpoles being transported by mom last week. They can be sneaky with the eggs!

my adults are much more orange compared to the offspring as well, really is more of strawberry color for the little ones!

keep up the good work, maybe we could trade some F1's soon:D
They are definitely sneaky, I just noticed the female has a tad on her back. Evidently the clutch in the pictures above wasn't the first from this time around..

Love the background. How did you set that up?

-B
Thank you! It is PVC covered in greatstuff then carved down.. I have a thread that details a Benedicta viv I made in the same manner..

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/66904-benadicta-viv-build-journal.html

Nice! Cristobals seem to breed well for me too. I really like the color on your female, kind of yellow!

Tank looks good to me, just needs some vines and maybe another brom or 2.
She is really light compared to my male, I just wish some of her scars would fade a bit.. She got pretty banged up at some point in her journey to my house.. I still cant get over the color of all the froglets as they are almost red! They also have some insane variability in spotting or lack of...

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
She is really light compared to my male, I just wish some of her scars would fade a bit.. She got pretty banged up at some point in her journey to my house.. I still cant get over the color of all the froglets as they are almost red! They also have some insane variability in spotting or lack of...
Try feeding paprika and superpig to your springtail and isopod cultures if you aren't already. The froglets I get are pretty variable (red, orange, and yellow) but the ones that start red can fade eventually. My cultures have pink isos and springs that were originally white ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice family you have there....The tank is a master piece I think. I will try to make some roots like that with my next tanks, you just gave me a good idea on how to use the PVC thanks!
Congratulations!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try feeding paprika and superpig to your springtail and isopod cultures if you aren't already. The froglets I get are pretty variable (red, orange, and yellow) but the ones that start red can fade eventually. My cultures have pink isos and springs that were originally white ;)
Don't know why I haven't tried this... Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Really digging the tank man! Great background. Good job with the cristo's.. I too got some of the 2011 imports. They are gorgeous frogs! Mine have had their first tads in the water for a month or so.. really excited to see what colored froglets they produce!

Keep posting pictures man!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, time to kick the kids outta the house! All they do is eat, make a mess, and I'm pretty sure they are going to start talking back so its time for them to go.. :)
With a fresh round of little ones getting ready to come out things were starting to get a little crammed in their viv so I decided to catch them. I was able to snag four but I think there is one more roaming around..

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Those are some superb looking froglets.....love the red on them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts