Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine come from Middlebrook's. From Mississippi to Arkansas overnight usually by priority mail.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If you need that many I'd say setup a wholesale account with Ghanns in GA. Or try LLL.

Michael

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ghann's had the best quality (clean and free of other critters in the box) when I was purchasing lots crickets but towards the end of my cricket buying I was getting some major short counts with them. Sizing is usually deadon for me in the past.

I was also using Armstrongs as well cause they were cheaper than Ghann's. There was always large overcounts with them but a lot of die offs in the first couple days and usually filled with all kinds of wild critters to rival King's 'The Mist'.
Sizing is sometimes off with Armstrongs but not more than a dozen in a 1K box.

Winter shipping was no issue with either but not cheap with Ghanns.

I wish Lucky Lure was still around. :(

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I agree with the majority, Ghanns is the best that I have dealt with. They usually have the best prices as well.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Shawn get a wholesale account with Ghanns, it will make up for shipping.

Michael

·
Registered
975 Posts
Ghanns great program and you get them by the thousand for around 6-8$. When i was ordering boxes of 5 or 6 thousand they were only about 55$ shipped
only problem i ever had was a black widow show up in a box once

·
Registered
245 Posts
Shawn, one more vote for Ghanns. No problems ever and i have not found better pricing. Save with the wholesale account. Shipping is what it is, they are not marking it up. It's just your distance from them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
i use to order from reptilefood.com
they are from ohio if i remember. i think also wormman if they are still around from n.j.
i would say just try a couple of the breeders. see if you are satisfied with them.
i know when i got pinhead crickets from reptilefood i use to get the chunks of cricket quenture in with them and a few would be killed.
i get crickets thru a friend who has a pet shop. his biggest problem with the breeder is count and size is an issue at times. i order pinheads (1/16in.) and get 10 days (1/4in.).
breeding would be good but you are talking about a month turnover time to get the sizes you wish to get.

·
Registered
19,342 Posts
i order pinheads (1/16in.) and get 10 days (1/4in.).
breeding would be good but you are talking about a month turnover time to get the sizes you wish to get.
When I was still at the Zoo I used to get ten day olds and they were much smaller than 1/4 inch. They were the staple for all of the larger dendrobatids.

Ed

·
Registered
976 Posts
yeah i misquoted on what size the 10 days were.
this is for anyone buying crickets at a reptile show, check your crickets at the show. you might not get the size on what is labeled on the container. also you might not get a true count also. i am not the only one who has this happen to them. one friend got 1000 and it was mmore like 600 to 700 in the container. i have yet to get a true size,pinhead to 10 day size. also the counts were off.
one other thing when it is cold at least for me they came dead. crickets are not packed like frogs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts