Dendroboard banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I've kept and bred crickets for years, and Corey is right. What you feed them has a lot t do with it, also the cleanliness of their cage. You can't jsut keeping putting crickets in the same cage after feeding them off. I clean mine out about once a week, I use three 10 gallons for the crickets. One for adults, one for "small" from the pet store/grown hatchlings, and the final for the babies. I use no substrate, just a lot of paper towel rolls (I ask every one I know to save them) they work much better than the egg carton in my opinion. I feel them oranges and occasional cucumber/romaine when I feed my tortoise. The oranges gut loads them and can enhance your red frogs, if no red frogs, it's a good feeder food, smells good, and they eat it fast. I usually leave the tupperware in the adult cage for 2 days, cover it with cling wrap and put it in the baby cage with a small lamp over it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.