Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ curlykid - I don't know my orchids but I'm guessing you're referring to the marbly one on the left? Yeah the bloom spike throws it off. It was the most suitable of what I had avail and I didn't want to leave that space empty.

@ Julio - ya can't see em, but there's 1.0.1 Veradero in the first and 0.0.2 blue truncatus in the other.

@ Mitch - Yup, two strips each cube. Just started using them so can't tell how well/not so they are for plants. I should go with a lower K w/o blue but I like the color temp.
Glad everyone likes!

-Chris

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
@ Mitch - Yup, two strips each cube. Just started using them so can't tell how well/not so they are for plants. I should go with a lower K w/o blue but I like the color temp.
Glad everyone likes!

-Chris
I'd go with the 8,000K ones if you can. That would be a lot better for the plants, but still not ideal. What you have no most likely will not work well.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These were free. Plants better like them!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are 15.5" x 15.5" x 15.5." Wouldn't put nothin more than a pr of dwarf tincs in these.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is that a Macodes petola (Jewel orchid) in the lower right of the second pic, if so how is it doing for you, I've just started growing some cuttings myself.

Len

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that a Macodes petola (Jewel orchid) in the lower right of the second pic, if so how is it doing for you, I've just started growing some cuttings myself.

Len
That it is. My viv mix is roughly 1.1.1.1 orchid bark/coco husk/fern fiber/charcoal. It stays fairly wet (fixed that) and seems to grow quite well in it. I dont know if it makes much of a difference or not but Ive kept only the roots in the substrate vs the actual stems.

Good luck! One of my fave viv plants.

-C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts