Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old tank that I used for treating sick fish. I used copper and other medications in the tank.If i bleach the tank or replace the silicone will this be ok?

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I have an old tank that I used for treating sick fish. I used copper and other medications in the tank.If i bleach the tank or replace the silicone will this be ok?

Yes.....
I should have added replace the silicone since that is where the copper has been absorbed and will be released.
Ed

·
Registered
433 Posts
Copper is very potent stuff. I have had aquariums that were treated with copper sulphate in the past and were eventually broken down and put in storage then set up again. I had trouble keeping marine snails and some other inverts alive,even after a thorough rinsing/cleaning before setting back up.When i checked the copper level,after checking all other possibilities,i found a moderate copper level still existed in aquarium. Replacing silicone would probably be the way to rid aquarium of copper because i think this is where the copper is hiding ! However,it would be much easier/safer to just replace aquarium imo! Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts