Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm re-setting up my vivariums and I've noticed more tanks with fans/venting systems. I thought that dartfrogs themselves didnt need anymore ventililation then what you give them, when you open the tank to feed. None the less if people are doing it to cool the tank, At what temperatures initially without venting...do I need to consider putting some sort of intake and or outake vent system to cool?????
Also... Right now I have Ehiems... big misting system--(I forget the model)- but it cost me a fortune and it sucks. I also recomend not getting it... Its more like a sprinkller system than a mister. Does the RAINMAKER Misting systems really make a "Floating vapor" type of mist??... thats what I'm looking for.
Thanks, Swann

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ventilation is just a way to keep the tank from getting too humid or hot, for the plants as well as the frogs. I know for me, without A/C in the house, without a ventilation system, i will have fried frog legs in august =) also a lot of plants do better if they can dry out a little bit from time to time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am really not rich

Ok me .... I put some ice pack in summer to cooling the aquarium...

I live in Montréal so this is not to hot and I want to cool my aquarium from 3-4 degree celcius at max.... I have to do that just a fiew time in summer...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have vents in my tank so the glass is not always fogged up and to cool my CF lights. I just have the fans on during the day when the lights are on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had a Rainmaker Jr. running in 4 tanks for about a month or so and can say the mist does float in the air.It's cool to watch the water vapors circling in my 20 verts and the imitators in them seem to come alive when it is running.Usually ,when I was hand misting they hated to be sprayed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts