Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have not seen anyone do this yet so thought i would post some photos of the method i came up to mount fans in my giant exoterra orchid tank....this thing holds tight. It is a suction cup window mount for a sirius radio. I liked it over other mounts because it is so much smaller than say a go pro mount. It has 4 holes to attach to the fan filter screen which then attaches to the fan. The mount has a pivot joint and a ball joint so the fan can be moved around to point however i want. Time will tell how it holds up.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Looks cool and I love the adjustability. People may wish to consider a secondary tether, if they use the system with frogs. Suction cups are notorious for failing, and a tether would keep it from crushing small animals.
Of course, if it is orchids only, that's probably not an issue.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure...

Here is the mount....make sure to get the one for sirus and not xm...they sent me the wrong one but sent the right one for free and i did not have to send the wrong one back

Amazon.com: Sirius 14101 Window Mount Bracket: Electronics

The fan filter
Amazon.com: SilverStone 80mm Fan Filter with Grill FF81B (Black): Electronics

Got the nylon pan head screws at lowes 8-32 1.5 inches for the fan mount to the filter and .5 inch for the filter mounted to the suction cup mount.

I am not happy with the fan i picked as it is really low cfm so might have to try a different fan. Yes, a tether might be good if you have frogs but this thing is really hard to get off the glass but just to be safe yes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And i tried to find black nylon screws and nuts but was not able to find the sizes i needed in less than 100 ct so....but that would have made the whole thing super sweet looking. It is just very clean looking....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Great orchid tank in deed. I really like the mounts too! Was wondering how I was going to mount my fans, now I know.

Thanks
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts