Dendroboard banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share some cool frog photos that aren't too common. Hope ya'll enjoy.

Koi Galacts. These guys are pretty neat. Don't hear too much about them at all in the states.

Moonshine Galact. I've talked to Sean Stewart and Barbara about these and I can see now the difference between them and mint terribs. They are a ghostly white not a minty green. Very cool!

Neat Yellow spotted galact. I'd still like to see pics of galacts with stripes like I've heard people talk about.

Solid yellow Tinctorious Matecho. I wondered how yellow these guys got and I don't know if this is line bred yellow or a natural varient. Cool however.

Tinc. Cayenne. Very dark orange.

Totally blue lorenzo. I've seen this pic before but I stil think it's a neat looking frog.

This is a leuc with a pattern I've never seen. Very high yellow.

Hybrid leuc and azureus. I've seen one other pic of this type of cross but never any more and I stumbled across this.

Golden auratus. hard to see the eyes in the second pic but I believe they are not albino.

Violet Colombian Ranitomeya sp?

Not a leuc. Not lehmeni... but... ranitomeya? oophaga? I think it is columbian

Thats all. Definately check out some of the european sites and use google translate. I'll post some links when I get a chance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does anybody have more pictures or know the species of that violet Ranitomeya? I've always wished there were bright violet/purple dart frogs in the hobby. I suppose having every other color available is okay, too ;)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Do you know what the last picture is? If you are sure it's not a lehmanni, I have no idea.
Bryan

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the violet had more pics and it doesn't look like it was in that great on condition. Doubt it lived much past those pics.

I don't know if the last frog is lehmani or not. the site said ranitomeya sp. links to come.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a good place to start
www.DartFrog.tk - Links
This is where I got a lot of the different pics and where I saw the violet ranitomeya
www.dendrobatenwelt.de

I got the galacts and the luec azureus pics from here. There are more of both.
Forum

Google Translate
Use google translate to help you navigate. it's fun and you may just spend hours searching through new sites and heaven forbid you get caught up reading some of the threads on european vivarium construction.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Man i have wanted gold auratus since i first got started in this hobby 8yrs ago, can't wait for them to become more stable in the U.S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.