Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
You're lucky. I saw that posted last week with a collection. Glad someone experienced got it. Good luck with it. Can't wait to see offspring from it. Congrats Ray.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ha!! So it was you!! You are one lucky guy. That is one awesome El Dorado. Congratulations and keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just glad someone with a nice camera got that one ;)

Very nice pictures! Did you happen to get the odd white one as well?
Thanks! Yeah, got the whole lot and did some horse trading at AFD to try and pair some up. The white one went to another frogger, along with the pastores, darkland, and I picked up some lady cayos. Good times !

·
Registered
291 Posts
That is one Cool O. pumilio, ought to make this a thread on other cool ones as well :eek:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
That has to be one of the best ones I have seen pictures of.....Jealous.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
That is truly the sweetest El Dorado I've ever seen! Nice shots Ray.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A real beauty!
Do you know exactly were they come from?
I plan an other photo trip to Panama and would have great pleasure taking pics of this incredible pumilio in its habitat!

K.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A beauty indeed...

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I recently picked up a female too. Good luck finding a male. Is she proven? Beautiful frog!
All set with a male, thanks to a very nice member of the board.

The locale of this O. pumilio population is relatively large and poorly studied. Basically, cross the river that separates Costa Rica and Panama (south of the village of Bri Bri) and you will be at the beginning of the range. I have no idea how contiguous the population is or is not.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Let's see pictures of the male. This is truly the best looking El Dorado EVER!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The locale of this O. pumilio population is relatively large and poorly studied. Basically, cross the river that separates Costa Rica and Panama (south of the village of Bri Bri) and you will be at the beginning of the range.
Merci!
I remember this river at the border between Panama/Costa Rica at Sixaola/Guabito.

K.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yup, was ready to throw down the plastic, but you beat me to it!! I did get the two someone posted that were at JL Exotics....never bought from him before, but mine were also from SNDF, and his are F1s. So, that odd color morph- is it really 'Dorados, or is perhaps an unnamed species?? Has anyone seen others like it? Keep up posted on whether or not it likes the others...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
yup, was ready to throw down the plastic, but you beat me to it!! I did get the two someone posted that were at JL Exotics....never bought from him before, but mine were also from SNDF, and his are F1s. So, that odd color morph- is it really 'Dorados, or is perhaps an unnamed species?? Has anyone seen others like it? Keep up posted on whether or not it likes the others...
I have a pair and have been referring to them as spotted eldorado and keeping them seperate from my plain eldorado. The markings are notably different and consistent with the offspring they are also 26-27mm as oppose to the plain eldorado which are about 24mm. If you search my posts you can see pics of the different offspring under my classified adds. It is my opinion that the spotted eldorado are representative of the "Las Tablas" population that inhabits areas near the Panama/CR border.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts