Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Contamana is a town on the Ucayali. I don't really know if it would be considered the lower Ucayali region.
I couldn't say for sure if they are the exact same population as the UE ones, but they do look the same. Not different enough for us to want to pick any up, we'll stick with our UE greens. Great little frogs. Very under rated.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Ya they look the same as UEs 'Green/Lower Ucayali' lamasi. Wouldnt mix them though, since we dont know for sure. Its just another Euro import.

·
Registered
552 Posts
It would be nice if import populations had standardized naming wouldn't it? I feel like we're creating multiple captive populations that originate from the same wild populations but we don't know for sure so it's better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
It would be nice if import populations had standardized naming wouldn't it? I feel like we're creating multiple captive populations that originate from the same wild populations but we don't know for sure so it's better safe than sorry.
Hence why a lot of the euro imports dont do us much good. Either they are new here and the gene pool is tiny, or they are called something else and we dont know if we can mix them.

Although a few things have come in that are helpful. Such as terribilis.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hence why a lot of the euro imports dont do us much good. Either they are new here and the gene pool is tiny, or they are called something else and we dont know if we can mix them.
So true, it's generally all of questionable origin too.

Although a few things have come in that are helpful. Such as terribilis.
Don't forget the Magna Carta and bratwurst. Those are helpful too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts