Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got two vittatus this past weekend and I have been keeping them in a tub together just till I know all is well with them. Now twice I have gone into the tub to discover only one of them. But after looking around a bit, I found the other, in the corner of the tub, dug in butt first with only it's head poking out from the leaf litter. Now my tub is about an inch of sphagnum moss and an inch or so of litter. Am I missing something? Is it trying to lay eggs?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
He's probably just stressed a little and trying to stay hidden or perhaps trying to get closer to some moisture. Make sure you have somewhere for them to hide in there (pothos, coco huts or even an upside-down small butter bowl with a hole in it) and make sure it's well-misted.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah I would recommend fighting the urge to check in on them all the time since that can add stress. Since they're new they've been through quite a change over the last few days so they'll need to adjust to their new surroundings. A giant hand digging around my new house would freak me out too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.