Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 20 gal tank with a running waterfall so the humidity is always very high, the problem i have though is that this creates a constant build up of condensation on the glass, i wipe it down every day. is there a solution to this problem?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Try letting it be for a couple days. When I clean the glass everyday, condesation builds constantly. If I leave it for a day or two, a thin layer of film builds, and the condesation goes away. It doesn't look as clear as freshly cleaned glass, but much better than the condesation. The fan is the best way to go, but I haven't gotten around to doing all my tanks yet.
Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fans are the way to go. If you wipe the glass you will just have it worse in a couple minutes. Look at the bright side! Vivs humid

·
Registered
169 Posts
My vivs usually have condensation built up on the glass. I don't mind it at all it lets me know its a froggy climate in there :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am not sure how much experience you have with darts so I am only going off your join date. When I first started I didn't like the condensation either because it wouldn't let me see into the tank. I wiped often but I also noticed that I didn't see them as much as if I left it for an extra day or two.

Like stated before leave it and eventually a little film will form and condensation wont be as much of a problem. And don't quote me on this but the condensation has more to do with your outside of the tank temperatures. If they are about the same then you will notice there doesn't seem to be as much of it.

I would say just leave it alone. From my experience it seems to make the frogs feel safer.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
this is pretty awesome....seems to work good...I'm about to make one soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts