Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to decrease the humidity in my tank which is up around 95% at night to 75% at night.

I have seen people use computer fans to do this but what do I look for when I order one?

Thanks Thad

·
Registered
797 Posts
If the tank is for darts, that sounds about right. Humidity wise that is.

Check out sites like newegg.com and tigerdirect.com. There are lots of fan related threads around here. Use google to search this site by using "site:dendroboard.com XXXXXXX"

·
Registered
118 Posts
I beleive james67 had a good explanation on what to look for and how to set up fans so i wont regurgitate that just search james67 diy fans. You wont even need to read it since its a lovely video.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
that james67 guy has no idea what he's talking about. dont take his advice. and that video... pshhh, no useful info anywhere in it!

i didnt get to cover everything that i wanted, but it was an all-nighter and i was running very late for a trip out of state, so thats what everyone gets.

james

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my buddies had a Thermaltake Mobilefan that he had but wasn't using anymore that he gave me. It is an 80mm external case fan that runs off a USB cord. So I'll be able to plug it into the wall and hook it up to an old Ipod charger.

Anyone delt with this brand before

·
Registered
797 Posts
Regardless of brand - you're probably going to want to put it on an adjustable power supply so there isn't a small hurricane inside your tank. I had a teeny 40mm fan that vibrated in its PVC housing very loudly on 12v - it also was drying things out a little too quickly for my liking.

They have them at Walmart for like $10 in the electronics section. I re-watched Jame's video before I hooked mine up. My hands shake a lot sometimes so I wished I had gotten the helping hands alligator clip thingy he had in the video.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts