Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for those that have varadero and have bred them.

How variable has the froglets from your parent frogs been? Consistent, similar to parents. More orange/blue on the back?

Just wondering cause I have 13 tads with about 3/4 either morphed or about to morph. So far of the 6 tads that have morphed all have been pretty consistent with a couple that have a bit more orange then others. The weird thing is the front legs popped out on a tad over the last day or so and it has what looks to be blue up to the snout and orange only on the sides of the head. I will try and get pics of it, but wanted to wait to see if it changes once the tail is fully absorbed. But wanted to know above question.

I kinda hope it stays that way it is pretty cool looking. Just wondering how much variation that others have seen if any in thier froglets.

James

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Mine have stayed pretty consistant with the head and back region being orange and just the very back and legs being blue. I have had variations in the stripes/spotting on the backs, with one having just an all orange back, no stripes or spots. That was pretty cool.

Put me on your "want list" for that one you have that's almost all blue now if you decide not to keep it :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just had my first 3 come out of the water last week. One of them is almost completely blue and black except for the top of his head. The others are orange all the way down their backs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am new to the hobby of dart frogs so I have no babies, and my males all have blue front legs see pic. I am glad to hear about your new froglet. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see pic of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I have seen a lot of variation in our offspring. Thicker orange lines, thinner orange lines, differing patterns. We have two come out with amazing amounts of orange on the head and back, looking an awful lot like the "High Orange" Varadero on Mark Peppers site. One of those was made into the computer mouse pads by my son, Max (Frogboy), for his photagraphy business. You can see it here. http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/other-classifieds/72633-mouse-pads-frog-pads.html
The one thing we haven't seen yet is what led me to Varadero in the first place. That would be a frog with a lot of the "Blue Lightening" on the back.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have only got that type of color pattern on 2-3 out of almost 30 froglets.....I do have a couple I will get pics of here in the next few days, one has a color pattern that looks a lot like a copper head fantasticus as far as the orange on him....Almost all black/blue with just orange on his head and nose....I have gotten quite a bit of variability since starting this thread when I first started toget tads morphing.....Those "high Orange" are amazing looking I have gotten 2-3 that are similar not quite as much orange due to the black but close.....Really amazing the patterns almost like finger prints each frog is slightly differant.

Thanks for the additional info Doug.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Any time. I'd like to see more pics of people's "Blue Lightning" Varaderos. Better yet, just send me one!!;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts