Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some opinions. If you want to breed some Pumilio bastimentos would you guys leave them in a colony or would you guys put them alone in pairs?

I only have one little problem, I know which ones are males but no idea about the females. I got 6 of them 3 of them call; 2 of them are skinny soo if they were males they would not call until they are back in shape and the last one is as big as the males not bigger though and does not call at all.

I would appreciate any feedback

Cheers

Xavier

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd keep them in pairs.I'd isolate the thinner ones because if they are in with the calling males and are males they will get so stressed out you might lose them.
What I would do is use the process of elimination and put one calling male in the viv and then the one that you think might be a female and watch them.If they aren't cb andyou have no clue as to their age that is how I'd do it.
I had 3 of my green pumilio froglets in one viv and ended up with a 2.1 once the male got clsoe to breeding age they didn't get along at all so I pulled the one out.
I don't know the size of your viv but just for an example mine are in 20 high verts.
Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would agree that pumilio are best in pairs. If at all possible, I would separate all of the frogs that haven't called and see if they'll start calling when in their own cages and back in shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts