Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pair of cobalts have laid a clutch of 7eggs for the third time within a two month period, but I don't know what I should do to raise them properly. The first time they laid eggs, I waited two days, then cut the leaf of where the eggs was laid, and placed the leaf in my little pond area of the tank. After about a week and a half, the eggs turned white and die. The second time the frog laid eggs, I waited a day, then I gently scrape all the eggs to a large enough bottle cap, and placed the cap inside a glad container with damp paper towel. The eggs was always moist, but after a week and a half, all the eggs turned white and eventually die. Two of the eggs, however, did into a semi tadpole, but slowly turned white and die. What did I do wrong?

Yesterday, the frog laid about 7 eggs on a leaf that was floating on top of the pond area. My question is, can I leave the eggs in there, let the parents raise them, and eventually the eggs will be frogets, without me having to do anything? Will the frogs eat their own eggs? What is the best way to go about raising frogs' eggs?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Are they a young pair that have just started to breed? If so then it is normal for the first clutches to go bad, it usually takes a while for them to get it right.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
THe pair just started to breed a couple of months ago.
Just be patient, they will start to produce good eggs in time. You didn't mention anything about supplementation, but a high quality supplement containing preformed vitamin A can help with fertility issues, check into past posts by Ed for some very helpful info and discussion.

·
Registered
658 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts