Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what is the most D. azureus layed for you? I'm on my third clutch of eggs and so far I always get 6 eggs. Was wondering what the most and least every one has goten in the past.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi,

I have one time gotten just two eggs and another time I had a clutch of 11 eggs and a few 9 egg clutches but mostly in the 5-7 range.

Tammy

·
Registered
399 Posts
clutch of eggs

John-

6 sounds just about right. I have two breeding pairs and one of them always lays anywhere from 4-7 eggs per clutch, and my other pair average 6-8 eggs per clutch. Like Tammy, I too have had a few really large clutches, that's usually when they start back up breeding for a season or have not laid in several weeks (12 eggs per clutch).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had a huge female in the past (Melissa knows this frog) and she laid several cluthces of 8 when she first took off then they averaged 5-6. The pair I just got going, the female is a little smaller and has put out 2 clutches of 3 eggs and the clutches were 2 days apart....guess she didn't finish the first time. For a first clutch, of of teh 3 eggs are developing nicely and embryonic development is noticeable. All in all, 6 is a good size clutch for an azurues. Best of luck with them!!

-Bill J

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my pair are actors who just look like blue dart frogs I swear. The male doesn't seem to care much for the female. She will bug him for awhile and then like 1 week later i get a clutch. There like robots cause the clutch comes ever 2 and half weeks and always 6 eggs per clutch. The male tries to avoid the female allot when im watching. Maybe he is emberessed he likes a big girl, I don't know. :oops: They are just funny to watch or maybe it's just me. Oh and the female hates my wife she ignores me but if my wife comes down to watch the female is up against the glass looking to bite my wifes head off. :shock: Shocking cause the female doesn't stop bugging the male too much not even for food.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts