Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm happy to report that my almirante pumilio have laid a clutch of five eggs. I've bred pumilio before but I still have a few questions.

1. I haven't heard any calling so is it possible that I don't have a male and these eggs were not fertilized?

2. The eggs look to be good but they are white, similar to galac eggs. Again, maybe they weren't fertilized?

I will update everyone in the next couple days.

·
Registered
173 Posts
eggs

Depending on how long you've had them, if you have a male you should be hearing atleast some calling. I've not had personal experience with females being alone myself, but I do recall seeing someone looking for a male pumilio morph on this board and they mentioned that their female has been laying cluthes of eggs.

If you've not had the frogs long, this could be a stress response also. So, wait it out, listen for the male, and don't be too surprised if they are duds.

G

·
pumilio eggs

Do you have any other male pumilio calling around the tank or in the same room? If so this would precipitate egg laying on the female's part. Hey, maybe you have a viable clutch.. don't give up hope just yet.. <fingers crossed> and good luck in the future... Peter Keane

G

·
I have a female basti that is laying eggs with no calling male present.
But then again maybe she just likes the song of the vittatus.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I do have a calling male in a tank right next to them.

I'm thinking they were unfertilized and today the eggs look to be fungused over. Oh well, maybe next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts