Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Frogs
1,876 Posts
I like the way the layout looks, but I want to inform you that those vriesea will grow waaaay to large in no time.

if it was up to me, I'd go for around 5 Ranitomeya variablis or sirenis max. and ditch the waterfeature which has no use for any of the frogs you'd like (aside from the possible future glass frogs)
imo A.Silverstonei would not be a great choice for this enclosure since they would not be able to make a lot of usage of the layout.

cheers

·
Registered
Frogs
1,876 Posts
Thank you. I've had them for the best part of a year and so far they haven't grown much at all so I'll just keep monitoring them and replace if needs be. But yeah I wanted some larger bromeliads that would provide good nurseries for the tadpoles but without them overpowering the vivarium. If you know any 'mid-sized' bromeliads that could work please let me know.

Yeah I think that's about what I'll start with and see how it goes.

To be honest I haven't done much research about them, outside of knowing they come from a very similar habitat as Sirensis, and might appreciate the temperatures/conditions of this viv. Do you say this because they're larger and need long open spaces to hop around?

It's not a water feature 😅 There is no water in it. Just a depression, part of the slope from back right to front left.
Normaly both those Vriesea will grow easily up to 50cm in diameter. Vriesea Eruthrodactylon is a good midsized bromeliad, one often preferred over any other bromeliads in my enclosures for the Oophaga to drop of tadpoles.

Yes. The Ameerega are a lot larger and your enclosure's layout (branches) doesn't provide enough useable space for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts