Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got two azureus froglets and I've been wondering about an interesting behavior:

When I open up the container to feed them they rush to the sides and climb up the sides and try to jump out of the container. I also unintentionally left a crack in the lid and I noticed that they were trying o stick their heads in the crack.

Are they rebelling against their captivity? Or is it something else?

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
its common for froglets to climb. as they get older they will become more terrestrial. however, leaving any sort of escape route will generally lead to, you guessed it, an escaped frog.

all of what you describe is normal. :)
james

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was also surprised at how bold the little guys really are! I mean, I've read that they're really bold, but I still expected them to back down if I waved my finger in front of their faces for them to back down. I actually had to give them a couple of nudges! :eek:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I think I'll just post a little update on how they're doing.

I think they're both doing very well and they also seem to have gotten plumper, which is definitely a good sign. The smaller frog seems to be handling FFs a bit better now, but I think sometimes they're a bit too much for him to handle, and he'll spit it out (or maybe he just doesn't like their taste).

On a side note, I think they really like or notice white food items a lot better. I've started dusting the FFs with repashy calcium plus, and I saw that both frogs were quicker to notice the FFs and hunt them down. Also, I've started culturing springtails an I dropped a piece of charcoal with a bunch of em into the container, and I saw the smaller frog take notice from the other side of the container and he hopped over to eat them up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts