Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I've noticed my auratus climbing the glass a lot more frequently. Before this, they never seemed to climb the glass at all, but every day I look over and it seems a quarter of the time, there's a frog climbing the glass. While this behavior might be perfectly fine, I'm just worried if it might be a sign of stress or something wrong (escape behavior) since this activity is new, or if it's age related; they're approaching maturity any time between now and a few months.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
122 Posts
when ever my tanks experienced an increase in humidity for whatever reason, and thus gathered more moisture on the glass, the frogs have spent more time climbing the glass. Also, whenever the insect selection has been less-than-average, again for whatever reason, and particularly when this coincides with the increase in humidity, my frogs spend more time on the glass. Do these situations apply to your guys at all?

just my experience, hope it helps.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Must be the condensation, then, which makes sense since a few weeks ago I added a better plastic covering over the screen. Thanks for the help; the climbing itself didn't bother me, but the change in behavior did, and now I know why.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts