Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 37 gallon planted tank that im going to convert to a viv for PDF. its a 25-6" tall tank. i want to find some darts that will use all of the available space. i really like the leucs and would like to try these guys out. are they my best choice? will they climb into the trees?

little background: i raised two auratus for about 12-14 months (purchased just out of the water), and kept 6 mantella aurantiaca. i also had a small colony of melanophryniscus stelzneri for a while. i was plenty accustomed to keeping food available for these guys, and actually kept my FF cutures going for some of my fish, a while after the frogs were gone. i lost all my frogs when we had a power outage and my animal room got over 100 degrees for 2 days :( im ready to give it another go!

Landon

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
d

yes, amphibianfreak is absolutely correct in my opinion. I have 6 leucs in a tank with about 30" of vertical space and they use every bit of it. In fact, I'm not seen them sleep on the ground at all. They always sleep up on a log I've got in the middle of it. Bout 18" off the ground.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Wondering same thing as Landon. I've heard leucs are a good choice. Any thumbs that like the canopy a lot?

-Luke

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much all of them, except for a few, like retics.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree also, i've built hex tanks and those are mostly verticle, with a landing here and there - still, the tincs i placed in it would climb around.
i think it's due to the temps at time are cooler so they migreate towards the CF heat but i don't know.

that's a nice height and with a good landscape plan you could really create some nice niche areas for them.

you could even utilize some epiphytes like many of the peperomia and cissus as well as other "vining and creeping" smaller leafed plants.

i would try to build a less verticle wall and use the space with hardscape, backfill and then create landings or "shelfs'.

are you going to build a waterfeature as well?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terra5 said:
i agree also, i've built hex tanks and those are mostly verticle, with a landing here and there - still, the tincs i placed in it would climb around.

are you going to build a waterfeature as well?
do you have any pics of a hex? i may be setting up a 35 also.

i do plan to have a water feature. i was thinking maybe a total drip wall (too wet?), but i think im going to have more or less a log (about 1/4 way up) with water trickling down it. i definatley want a small water section, and running water.

Landon

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
email me off line and i'll send photos, too busy right now to upload and such at my site. sorry. there is a gallery across the bottom though. my email is at the site or here.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I too would be interested in hex tank pics. Ill send u an e-mail

1 - 9 of 9 Posts