Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have two sub-adult azureus and noticed one that I thought looked to have a body type of a female to make a clicking sound. I am wondering if males of the tinctorius group are known to call at a 7-9 month age? This frog will continue to make this light clicking noise even when I am right next to it. Is this a likely way to sex these as male at this age? I have occasionally heard adult tinc-azureus call with a slightly different sound when I happened to walk past a tank that had adults and I just so happened to have my head turned just right and was paying attention however when feeding my 7-9 month azureus I noticed the click, picked both up to check them and noticed the bigger one was clicking and didn't even slow down with the sound when I got close or picked it up to be sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should probably mention that this is more of a tic tic, or click than the normal recorded sounds that I have heard and barely heard from my pair that I had years ago. I almost would not have heard it at all until the frog was right near my head.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't sound quite like the video. That one I have seen before. I had a pair back in o6-07 that I caught calling once or twice and it sounded like the vid however the sub adult clicking sounded kind of like a split second call almost like the very first split second of the call in the vid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think i have heard what you are talking about i hear it when i feed my group of azures, but that is the only time i hear it i thought it was just the sound of their tounge hitting or something like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts