Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Dont know how many of you guys saw the pics of my paludarium in the thread "paludarium filtration", but its really starting to grow in and establish nicely. I have been begining to think about "clean up crew insects". Such as springtails and pill bugs. I am taking a trip to black jungle tomorrow to get some more plants, leaf litter and salvinia natans for my water section to try and help stop the crickets from drowning. I have also started reading about springtail cultures and found a few sites to get them from, I was also reading about pill bugs but havent been able to find a "culture" for sale... From what I read I feel like pills bugs are more suited for my setup, however I also started thinking that it may not be such a good idea to buy bugs for a tank with a large water section when theres a good chance theyll just drown... So my question is: Is there such thing as a pill bug culture you can buy? Is it worth it in my type of setup? And if not should I go with springtails?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts