Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Kyle,

I use "Python - Rydyt 1" on the inside of my tank to clean lime deposits and water scale. You can get it at most aquarium speciality stores. It's fish safe and I have had no ill effects on my frogs. I use it about once every other week and it does a good job of cleaning up the glass. I pour a small amount onto a paper towel and clean the glass then use a clean paper towel to wipe the glass dry.

Here's a link with some information about it - http://www.petdiscounters.com/aquarium/ ... aners.html

I'm sure if you do a search, you can come up with more information.

Tim

·
Registered
248 Posts
if you have hard water and this hard water is allowed to dry continuosly over and over the resulting salt build-up will actually "etch" the glass and there will be nothing you can do about it. I used to live in an area with hard water and I preffered to keep my tanks continually fogged over having the etching issues. It is in fact the dry front glass with frequent misting that promotes this etching. ben

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I may have to go pick some up tomorrow.

TimsViv said:
Kyle,

I use "Python - Rydyt 1" on the inside of my tank to clean lime deposits and water scale. You can get it at most aquarium speciality stores. It's fish safe and I have had no ill effects on my frogs. I use it about once every other week and it does a good job of cleaning up the glass. I pour a small amount onto a paper towel and clean the glass then use a clean paper towel to wipe the glass dry.

Here's a link with some information about it - http://www.petdiscounters.com/aquarium/ ... aners.html

I'm sure if you do a search, you can come up with more information.

Tim

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use bottled distilled water, this is a very strange haze that has just poped up over the last couple months.

Ben E said:
if you have hard water and this hard water is allowed to dry continuosly over and over the resulting salt build-up will actually "etch" the glass and there will be nothing you can do about it. I used to live in an area with hard water and I preffered to keep my tanks continually fogged over having the etching issues. It is in fact the dry front glass with frequent misting that promotes this etching. ben

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I second the razor blade idea...they do get everything off...

G

·
I vote for the razor blade, it wont poison your frogs. If the other stuff is safe, i still would use the razor blade.

G

·
the oil on razor blades can be very toxic i totally agree with DANE, unless you can find one with organic oil i would not risk it.

G

·
Whaa? no, no, thats not what im talking about. The ones without oils, is what I use. And, I dought a frog will go into toxic shock by looking at one. ? So, if I have one on the outside on the tank, will the frogs go into toxic shock?

·
Registered
141 Posts
teehee.......

Shame shame on your guys, he's gullable and vulnerable.... shame (no not your frogkid) :wink:

On topic, us a razorblade, and you can even use a little bit of vinegar also. I have misted the glass, very lightly with a vinegar from a sprayer then used a razor blade. Make sure you go in slow strokes, top to bottom. I got tired and lazy one time when I did it, and went in non uniform strokes, I scratched the tank. Not one of my brighter moments. :shock:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts