Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have experience with both tinc morphs which do you prefer and why?

Personally, I like them all and just can't seem to make up my mind! :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
I agree that it is a tough chioce. I have had both as well but will go the other way and say Citronella. I had one that would watch me brush my teeth in the mornings. He was kewl.

TonyT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's something a little off topic, forgive me... but I am just about to setup my FIRST ever vivarium, with two dart frogs. Tank is only ten gallon. My original frog choice is the "reticulated auratus (sp?)" but I have been seeing many other cool frogs... such as the blue and yellow.

here's the site the frogs will be coming from . http://www.understoryenterprises.com

if you have any comments no prices of these guys too, let me know if I can get them anywhere cheaper (that shiips to Canada...) :p I really do want the auratus, but that blue and yellow coloration is quite pleasing to the eyes!! I am confused :?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are in canada i do nto think you can go wrong with understory. Auratus tend to be cheaper than the other frogs. Get what appeals to you, you are the one that will have to look at and care for the frogs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I know I should be getting what is appealing to me. But I also don't want to choose a "harder to care for" frog. I am completely new to this and wouldn't want to put a frogs life at risk because of my stupidity.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as you can culture or buy fruit flys and keep the humidity up you should be fine.

I think people recommend auratus because they are cheaper frogs. And the auratus tend to be prolific breeders. All depends on the risk you are willing to take. If 100-200 bucks is not a problem and you can still put food on the table pick the frog that appeals to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OCDP if you are from Canada you should also join the Canadian forum for dart frogs. There are more than one frog breeder in Canada. Understory enterprises is really good with his frogs they are top quality but you may want to shop around there is Ron John and I have heard good things about him also.

http://www.canadart.org/phpBB2/index.php

Cheers

xavier

1 - 12 of 12 Posts