Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all Citronellas have blue with the yellow..or are some of them black with yellow? ...I got the one below two days ago and went to get another,,,It was night out and very dark in the shop..she was just about to close....She had 2 Patricias and some yellow backs and 2 Citronellas...I got what I thought was another Citronella ..but when I got home I noticed he was black and yellow with a big black spot in the dorse...It is a yellow back or Citronella? TIA
First frog: Definitely a Citronella..new one is similar but black and yellow...NO blue !

·
Registered
181 Posts
It looks like a citronella based on the choices. Mine are yellow with a single black dot on the dorsal side. They also have blue legs. I have a pic in my gallery if you want a reference.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the pic I used IS a Citronella...the other one not pictured is similar but NO blue..just black....Where is your gallery?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It could be a yellowback, but without seeing a picture I can't tell.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes citronellas come in with blue and black legs. I've unpacked shipments from Suriname containing frogs with both colored legs. There were yellow backs in the same shipments and when you see all of them together it's fairly easy to tell them apart. Younger frogs and froglets can sometimes be hard to id, but the seller should know or in the case he does not should be willing to replace the animal if it turns out to be something differant. You can see most tinct morphs on fantasticfrogs.com a part of T&C terrariums site.

thanks
ERIc

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, that's definitely a citronella. I have seen some that look almost crossed with yellow backs but, yours just looks like a normal citronella with a strange pattern. You can see some blue in the pic , with a yellow back there will be no blue present.
Johnny
This Island Earth Herpetoculture
http://www.TIEHERP.com

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Johnny the pictured animal is a citronella, he is trying to determine if another animal which isn't pictured is a citronella. I have seen yellowbacks with blue on the legs but it is a light blue in small spots which quickly disappear with age.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts