Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom just came home from work and gave me a brown painted mantella frog. the Problem is I have never look into what mantella need because I keep dart frogs, But I have a quarantine tank he can stay in till I get him a tank.

The place she got it from said it can eat crickets but I dont know if that is true the little guy is smaller than a nickel.

So I guess my question is how similar are keeping mantella to dart frogs?

I would normally search through other post to figure this out but since I already have him I thought I would try and gets some answers while I look.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
there's quite a few people on this board that would just love to add an extra ebenaui to their groups :)

In a nutshell, the main difference is that you need to provide a cool, dry season and a warm, wet season. Keep them in groups. The bigger the colony and larger the tank the better. They'll be significantly bolder and more willing to mate.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would loooove to ad another one to my group hint hint ;)

These guys are one of my favorite mantellas. If you can find more, they are definitely worth it. If you can't find more, no sense in letting a good frog go to waste :)

Good luck with your ebanoui. It's a beautiful frog!!

Josh

·
Registered
471 Posts
The cage could be the same, though there needs to be seasonal changes in their cage. They will eat ffs and are Much like darts. Hope that helped and good luck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts