Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Chiquita Linda was one of the small neorgelias that I was planning on getting for my tank. In the pictures, it looks mostly green. However, I have seen a few pictures of them with some nice pinks and oranges. When good lighting is provided, what can these guys look like? If anyone has any pictures of them in their vivariums or if they know what color they will have, please give information! Thanks, also pictures would be appreciated

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not gonna insult you with one of my attempts at photography, but I'd say my 'Chiquita Linda' is mostly green.

Sitting about 8" under an 11w jungle dawn, there are very faint hints of pinkish red but again it's mostly green. The little pup it has, maybe an inch or so closer to the light, is greenish yellow and isnt showing any reds yet

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any small neos that would get some nice color? I like the idea of the Chiquita being nice and small, but I would want something a little bit more colorful to add some nice POP

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any small neos that would get some nice color? I like the idea of the Chiquita being nice and small, but I would want something a little bit more colorful to add some nice POP
My 'Hobie Cat' is pretty tiny and has some nice coloration to it. Mostly green but has some cool purple stripes, here's a pic of it on the left:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Look for Skotak Neoregelia. I have some of his breeding and if pop is your goal, go look there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, those are really cool! All the places I looked at don’t have any in stock, and the ones that cool cool are all out of my budget. It would be nice to have, but sadly I don’t think I will get the chance to do so.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll post some pics of my small ones when I get home, but most of the ones I got from bromeliads.com were no more than 12$...I think. I got 10 plants for 90$ish with shipping.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohh I got confused. I thought there was a specific type of bromeliad called skotak, I didnt think that it was a breeders name. I was planning on getting these already, they look really nice. When I looked up the skotak neorgelia bromeliad, this is what I saw, and I was amazed.
Bromeliad and I thought that $50 was too expensive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow those look really nice! I never would’ve guessed they were Chiquita Linda. I think I’m gonna go with the NICREW SkyLED Plus light, with a rating of 95 PAR at 12”. Would this be considered a “correct light”? Could I get some nice colors on this species?

·
Registered
600 Posts
There's 5 N.Chiquita Linda in this tank. New fixer-upper

If the correct lights are used, the green becomes orange redish with red freckles.
Very nice. You tend to use much higher light levels than I do, when I say 'bright' I'm referring more to distance from lights -- mine get the freckling but the blush is not so intense. Do you know how many foot candles of light they're receiving?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts