Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just re-joined dendroboard, as i forgot my old password, but hello, i'd like to share a background method i've used for numerous REPTILES, child's air dry clay (crayola) i started using it a couple years back, and it has worked fine for phelsuma species and rhacodactylus ciliatus, but i would not recommend using it for frogs, as they're skin is more delicate, obviously, I used it in the same fashion as the kitty litter method, and it us MUCH easier to work with, ( i became frustrated with the litter)
I would obviously NOT USE THIS FOR ANY AMPHIBIANS, as it could be hazardous, but for my reptiles it has been fine, if anyone is interested i could make a how to thread with my next build?.

Please do not flame, as i've been doing this for 3 years with no problems, when i first posted this, it got a negative response, and people said to get my reptiles out immediately, this is actually natural clay, (not sure if it's discontinued), but my reptiles function fine.

Thanks, JD.

·
Registered
454 Posts
this is an absolutely awful idea, just because you have found a few species that don't die off due to the additives does not mean it is a good practice nor that it should be promoted for others to do.

kitty litter is awful i agree with you. you can just buy regular old powdered clay and use that instead (bentonite+redart work wonderfully). there is NO reason to use anything with harmful additives, ever. and absolutely no reason to promote others to do so even if you, by chance, are having success with a few specific species....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts