Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a dart frog and plant store in the chicago area. I am a bit south west of chicago near naperville. I would like a store to go into and actually look at it if at all possible but I know of nothing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There's Chicago Reptile House, not sure if they have dart frogs though. My experiences have been "so so" with them. There's Ranitomeya.com | Thumbnail Dart Frog if you're interested in thumbs. NARBC in October is huge, and there's the exotic pet show monthly in Wheaton that I've been meaning to check out. Scott Smith's All Animal Expo

Pretty sure ranitomeya participates in that wheaton sale.

edit: for plants, there's not really a vivarium focused place. Sprout in Chicago is terrarium centric and has some great plants, pricey though. There's Adam's and Sons I go to a lot, though the owner/workers aren't very knowledgeable. Still, great prices if you don't need to ask a ton of questions. There's a huge orchid greenhouse out in the burbs somewhere I've been meaning to check out, and there are a ton of plant sales at the Chicago Botanical Gardens (not in Chicago but North Shore) every weekend. Excited for the Bromeliad show there in July, and there should be a gesneriad society show there coming up too, should check the calendar myself.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty close to Wheaton so I'll try goin there. I have looked at the vendor list and some say darts so I'll go an let ya know. Maybe they will even have some plants for terrariums since they have everything else

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Chris Miller usually has some nice broms there. There is another vendor there that has a nice selection of terrarium plants. I have to go find his business card and let you know who it is, I don't remember his name off the top of my head. His wife sells feeder bugs though, I do remember that.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect! I will be heading up there soon then, maybe the next show if I get my tank done soon. It's just a matter of siliconing now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts