Dendroboard banner

Check this fan

2K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  rcmike 
#1 ·
This looks awsome anyone see one? Can it be used for internal air circulation?

Aqueon 06131 Circulation Pump, 500 GPH, 2.6-Watt

Attachments

See less See more
#18 ·
Wow, really? This is not opinion, it is FACT. First off, notice the brand name -- Aqueon. The very name is based on Aqua, which means water. Then in your very first post, then, in your very first post, you note that it pumps 500 GPH. Then you have a zookeeper assuring you it cannot be done. This is a WATER pump and running it dry can start a fire.

#9 ·
Yeah, powerheads run out of water are pretty loud. The magnets inside the pump will get hot and the pump will seize up in a short amount of time. Oh, and they smell really bad when they burn out, like an electrical fire.

#12 ·
I once ran a powerhead out of water and it didn't burn with flames but with a cloud of white smoke that smelled horrible.
All machines run on smoke. I'm no mechanical engineer but I know for a fact that once you let the smoke out of a machine you can never get it back in and the darn things just won't run again.

#14 ·
Here is a link to the product website. I suggest before running this pump out of water for any period of time you email their tech support and see if they suggest that. Unfortunately aqueon doesn't have a PDF available for that product.

Aqueon » Circulation Pumps | Products

I can however, assure you that this product is not intended to be run dry and that you will just burn it up.

#27 ·
You're still paying for the RnD that went into producing that product. Personally I loved their product, but when I was doing reef tanks, I didn't have to pay for any of it. I really love what they have done with lighting and the Radion. That thing is a beast of an LED fixture. Of course at almost $800, it better be!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.