Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
the cheapest place that i was able to find it was at a reptile show. other than that i was having bad luck finding a good price on it! the local pet store had some that was 6"x6" for $11.00 the piece i got at the show was 8"x24" for $10.00

·
Registered
835 Posts
Reptile show is the only way to go. I am currently up at the Charlotte show. Mrs Zoomie and I grabbed a bunch of cork for some unknown and yet to be decided project. How cheap? About 40% of retail, depending on what you want.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Not sure how our prices stack up to pricing @ reptile exos, but I've been told we're fair. (We don't upcharge shipping for larger pieces) We're adding "show" grade cork rounds (18"+ hollow rounds) this week and I've been considering putting up a "bulk" option by the pound... :confused: Maybe? (I'm open to suggestions! :) )

·
Registered
815 Posts
I Have been extremely lucky I guess. My two local pet stores sell it for $8 a pound. When I visit family there is a cork Forrest in the city they live.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Virgin Cork and Cork Tube, Mayland Cork Co.

Get a bunch, split it with some local froggers!
Here is what my last batch cost from Maryland Cork Bark.

We have thin, flat slabs of virgin cork. We receive bales of virgin cork, but then break down the bales and repack the pieces in cartons in order to ship

UPS. A typical carton weighs bout 32 pounds and the freight would be about $36.00

The thin flat cork costs $2.95 per pound FOB, and the carton charge is $4.00...We have it in stock and can ship tomorrow.

On that order I obviously requested the THIN flat slabs (average 1" thick) because you get a lot more coverage than the thick, 2" stuff.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Here is what my last batch cost from Maryland Cork Bark.

We have thin, flat slabs of virgin cork. We receive bales of virgin cork, but then break down the bales and repack the pieces in cartons in order to ship

UPS. A typical carton weighs bout 32 pounds and the freight would be about $36.00

The thin flat cork costs $2.95 per pound FOB, and the carton charge is $4.00...We have it in stock and can ship tomorrow.

On that order I obviously requested the THIN flat slabs (average 1" thick) because you get a lot more coverage than the thick, 2" stuff.
About how many vivs would a carton cover? That looks like about $140 shipped. Can you gimme an idea about how much a 32lb carton covers in sq ft?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
About how many vivs would a carton cover? That looks like about $140 shipped. Can you gimme an idea about how much a 32lb carton covers in sq ft?
That's too hard to call. I split the order with someone and I don't always cover the whole back wall. Plus I'll use a piece here and there to mimic part of a half burried fallen tree. It's a good amount and it's not scrap. You get some really nice sized pieces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.